What is a Texas Tax Sale Auction?
1. A forced sale of real property for the collection of outstanding delinquent real estate property taxes (ad-valorem).
2. A forced sale of a non-homesteaded real property for the collection of an outstanding judgment due a non taxing agent party.
Did You Know?
Every month, hundreds of properties are auctioned off at Sheriff’ auctions (which is also known as the Constable’s Sale). The collection of property taxes is a huge priority for taxing entities (ie; County, City and School Districts) in every county within the State of Texas. Without the collection of property taxes annually, the taxing authorities would go broke. In Texas, these taxing entities can and will force the sale of the property in order to collect the delinquent taxes owed. The County Sheriff is responsible for selling these properties which is held on the courthouse steps every month.due to either delinquent property taxes or a judgment.
B. Most properties purchased at the Tax Auction are purchased at far below their market value, sometimes as much as 50% off.
What You Will Learn:
- Why buying Tax Lien is a SUPERIOR strategy!
- Detail description of the Tax Deed Investing Process
- Finding Properties Listed for the Tax Sale/Auction
- Best Time to Buy a Tax Deed
- Helpful Links to county websites & private law firms that handle Tax Sales in the State of Texas
- Avoid Common Mistakes made by inexperienced agents/investors
- Redemption Periods & the 25% Guaranteed Profits
- The Minimum Bid Cover – does it cover delinquent property taxes, filing fees, attorney fees, etc.
- Filing of Tax Suit (District Clerk)
- Registration Requirements for Bidding
- Courthouse Atmosphere
- Highest Bid & Making Payment
- Ownership document issued after the sale
- I have the deed, now what? Can I move in?
- How to overcome Title Insurance problems
- What happens to properties not sold at auction
- Liens that Survive the Sale (Texas Tax Code)
40 page step-by-step manual, 3-hours of recorded videos, all support documents and a Q&A forum (ask the trainer questions.
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 59
- Assessments Yes
- Foreclosure Tax/Sheriff Sales – Training Manual
- Foreclosure Tax/Sheriff Sales – Document Library
- Foreclosure Tax/Sheriff Sales – Module 1
- Foreclosure Tax/Sheriff Sales – Module 2
- Foreclosure Tax/Sheriff Sales – Module 3
- Foreclosure Tax/Sheriff Sales – Module 4
- Foreclosure Tax/Sheriff Sales – Module 5